I would like to share the Test Case template that I have been using. I use Excel sheet to write my test cases.
Below are the details of how to read the test cases.
How to Read Test Case
- Test Case Id is the number of the test case
- Test Case Id represents each test case which is the series of action and expected result.
- To read the action and result, for example Test Case 01, follow the small circles and perform the action against it.(Figure 1)
- For example to execute Test case 01, follow the blue circle and perform step 1, Enter URL. Now there are no more steps for this test so check the expected result
5. Scroll down to the Expected Results, again follow the small circles for Test Case 01 and check for the expected results against it.(Figure 2)
6. If the actual test result and expected result is same, the mark the test case as Pass i.e. P, else mark it as Fail i.e. F
7. You have the flexibility to insert as many rows for Test description and Expected results, but should be restricted so that the readability is not lost
8. Further rows to include more test cases per sheet can be added(no restriction), but I prefer this way to make it appear in one view on the sheet(i.e. no need to scroll vertically)
9. You can add as many sheets as you want, just copy the template sheet. If you want you can continue with the test case number to the next sheet, but I usually start the test case numbers for new Module/Feature combination
10. This approach is easy to use and require less writing since you only have to add the circle based on the steps.
I am always in the process of improving the template.
I welcome all the comments to improve it.